It has been a while since I last posted anything on this site. This is mostly due to a wait and see attitude in terms of the buy-out of Opalis by Microsooft. This happened a year ago now and it has been a frustrating and rather painful year seeing one of the worlds largest software companies take a great product and nullify it.
In this time I have tried to partner with MS to explore further opportunities, but tthere has been no revenue stream despite days and weeks of effort with them. To crown it all, the Opalis Product Manager has now left MS as well. No clients in SA were contacted by MS other than through my efforts. Really poor.
SO what has the former Product Manager and product owner (essentially) gone and done? It seems he has moved to CA to develop ITPAM into the product that Opalis was. CA has revamped the product to become a standalone product and not just an integration integration and automation tool associated with its own branded offerings.
Is CA doing the right thing? Not sure ... time will tell, but they are moving in the right direction. I am building a relationship with CA in this space since they seem to get it.
Maybe MS will get it together, but I still have bills to pay and have to rebuild the opportunity pipeline.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment